Friday, July 17, 2009

SVQHA Results AND Historic Nelson Ranch Hunter Show

We got home from the SVQHA series at 3am!! and D was a real trooper! I wouldn't have known the time if I didn't have my watch. There was a HUGE turnout. I think there were about 15+ people in our halter geldings class and the Ammy Showmanship class was HUGE as well. We did A LOT better than I thought we were going to do so over all it was a lot of fun!

Halter Geldings: 4th out of 15ish
Showmanship Open: 1st out of 3
English Pleasure w/t Color: 1st out of 4
English Pleasure w/t Open: 1st out of 9
English Pleasure Open: 1st out of 7
Western Pleasure w/j Color: 2nd out of 9
Western Pleasure w/j : 4th out of 7
Western Pleasure: 3rd out of 10

I am honestly shocked we placed at all in Western and in all honesty I don't believe we should have. However, the judge that day was placing all of the speedy moving horses first so maybe his englishy western go worked out for us! The only complaint I have is that they had an Overall English High point and a girl who entered into Youth and Green Horse won the high point. Which I didn't think was very fair because now someone like me could do Ammy and Open to have a shot but if there is a trainer out there working they would have to have a green horse to even have a shot. So I think next time they should Have only ONE division points count. I am not getting sour because I did not win, I did because this girl won all her English Youth classes but then in Western a friend of mine won ALL her western classes and her showmanship class and the same girl got a couple of 2nds a first and some 3rds in western but because she did Youth and Green Horse she also won the western high point when my friend should have won it. However, this isn't a HUGE deal it's just something I am bringing up because sometimes at shows managment will make mistakes not because they are trying to be unfair but not everything was thought out. None the less it was a VERY fun show and everyone there was really friendly and I honestly had a GREAT time!

NOW Historic Nelson Ranch Hunter Show
I had originally planned to attend this show but thought I was not going to have enough money. Well since I have this summer job I do! I am very excited about going and I have amping myself up about it so much I am starting to feel sick. I think this show will be REALLY good for D & I because it is going to give my the chance to really work on my nervs because let's face it this is 'just another show' the only difference between this and other shows is that there is no Showmanship or western classes, it's going to be all Jumping and Huntery. We've never shown at the Historic Nelson Ranch before but I've joined my friend there before a day or two after my surgery. I have entered 16 classes the AA 18+ (AA= Adult Amateur) classes and going to see if Ihave a shot at the high point, and I've entered my FIRST medal class! I am VERY excited about this class. Now I am doing a lot of classes because my usual number is 10ish classes BUT I am going to keep an eye on D and if I think he is getting too tired then we will end where ever we are. I will do my best to get pictures BUT my boyfriends parents had the camera and left it in the pocket of their pants ans washed the Camera so it's ruined now (yeah, don't get me started). I am leaving for my friends today at around 10am and then we will be leaving tomorrow morning. OH! I also got my new ATH International Helmit the other day! along with my new shapped pad and my new tall boots. However, the boots had cheap plastic zippers so once I had them zipped up they split apart. We have ripped the zippers out and we plan on replacing them with metal YKK zippers. Let's hope these don't split as well.
My classes:
W/T Eq - AA 18&Over
HNR Champion W/T Pleasure*
English Pleasure AA 18&Over
HNR Champion English Pleasure Open*
English Eq AA 18&Over
HNR Champion Eq Open*

Hunter Hack 18&Over 18"-2'
Hunter Hack 18&Over 2'3"
Hunter Hack Open 2'6"
I've entered in as many Hunter Hack classes as possible since this is our strong point and I am hoping will help me work out some of my nervs before I do courses.
Eq Over Fences 18&Over 2'
Working Hunter 18&Over 2'3"
HNR Champion Working Hunter Open 2'3"*
Eq Over Fences 18&Over 2'3"
HNR Champion Eq Over Fences Open*
HNR Nelson Ranch Medal Class Open 2'6"*
Open Eq Over Fences 2'9"


*Classes that have a special prize to the first place rider. I am not sure what it is but heck I am paying a $85.00 all day fee so why not try it?

I was thinking of adding a total Costs for the shows that I have been attending, this is by far the most expenstive one yet.

Overnight Stall: $35.00/night
Classes: $10.00/class or $85.00all day fee
Gas: $30.00 (Split with my friend who is showing AQHA on Sunday)

I believe we are only staying one night but I am not 100% sure of that.

No comments:

Post a Comment