Monday, July 20, 2009

Historic Nelson Ranch Hunter Show Results.

W/T Eq - AA 18&Over 3rd out of 3
HNR Champion W/T Pleasure* 1st out of 10 or 11
English Pleasure AA 18&Over 1st out of 4
HNR Champion English Pleasure Open* 2nd out of 13
English Eq AA 18&Over 3rd out of 3
HNR Champion Eq Open* Scratched
Hunter Hack 18&Over 18"-2' 2nd out of 2
Hunter Hack 18&Over 2'3" 2nd out of 2
Hunter Hack Open 2'6" 1st out of 2
Working Hunters 18&Over 2' 1st out of 2
Eq Over Fences 18&Over 2' 2nd out of 2
Working Hunter 18&Over 2'3" 1st out of 2
HNR Champion Working Hunter Open 2'3"* DQ
Eq Over Fences 18&Over 2'3" 2nd out of 2
HNR Champion Eq Over Fences Open* Scratch
HNR Nelson Ranch Medal Class Open 2'6"* Scratch
Open Eq Over Fences 2'9" Scratch

This show really Opened my eyes to a lot of things and I think it was really good for Dartanion and I. I learnt from the judge that I kept placing last in EQ because of how loose my lower leg was. I had twisted my ankle before the class and it was HURTING really badly BUT I don't want to use that as an excuse so I am going to be doing A LOT of stirrupless work from now on. I scratched the Champion Eq class because I knew she was not going to use me so I could save D's energy for another class. Plus is was already in the 90's at 10am. Then In our first Hunter Hack class I could only get D to change his incorrect lead in the front and so we cross fired for the rest of our 'pattern'. Something similar happened 2'3" accept he was too lazy to change so we just kept the wrong lead. Then we FINALLY got it together in 2'6". Speaking of 2'6" I've decided that I am going to keep him in the classes that are 2'6" and above since that is really what he does well in. Anything under 2'6" and he is just not motivated to look cute over those fences lol. I ended up scratching my last classes because when he wouldn't change I would give him a smack with my reins and then he turned into a speedy Jumper and it was near impossible to get him to slow down back into a hunter AND by this time is was about 103 out and poor guy was VERY tired. The other gal going for the high point started adding into my classes so that she could win, the high point was a pink saddle pad that said "HNR Champion" on it. Pink is not my favorite color so I tossed in the towl and called it a day. We ended up with Reserve Champion and got a pretty cool Pink bridle hanger! The next day was my friends AQHA show, we ended up hanging out ALL DAY just to have EVERYONE scratch out of her English classes. So it ended up I entered in the Open pleasure Champion class with her so that she got to ride in something. OH and our prize for the Champion class was a purple bucket with fly spray, vet wrap, jelly beans, show sheet, a hoof pick, a curry comb, and a little Jumping horse charm along with a fancy Blue ribbon. The prizes at this show were SOOOO cool I am shocked more people did not come to jump. At the next show I am only entering the Champion flat classes and Champion over fence classes and two or three 2'9" classes. Over all I had A LOT of fun and learnt a lot and found out some areas I have to polish up on, I always LOVE learning new things from shows!! And my next show is this Friday night the second of the SVQHA series shows.

No comments:

Post a Comment