Friday, November 27, 2009

Day 1 & 2 Working with Cherokee

I didn't get a chance to post how cherokee did yesterday so I am just adding it in here today. I worked on a couple of parelli games with her because there are things that I like about parelli but there are also a lot of things about parelli I am not sure I agree with. Anyways, She did well with the Friendly and yoyo games. She wasn't too sure about me touching her legs but I knew she's at least been clipped before and by the end of the session was letting me touch and pick up her feet. I worked with her on walk/trot/canter commands in the round pen and she did very well. She's very in-tune with my body language and positioning. I like her movement, I would go as far as to say it's better than D's. Really low knee action and flicky in the front, she's a little fast in the back but with training I am sure she would be a caute little mover.

Today:
Started with the friendly game and she did great, She did move around a little while I was playing with her back legs but overall not bad at all. She got the yoyo game pretty much perfectly! I would bearly give the rope a wiggle and she backed away like a champ. Did more round pen work and I don't believe she knows the difference between walk,trot, canter, and whoa yet but she does them all. Also when I bend over while she is trotting and say whoa she stopps so I am proud of her. I tied her up and spent about 20minutes brushing her, cleaning her feet, pulling her mane and what not and she did a great job! I want to try taking her into the area tomorrow and lunging her on a lug rope and seeing how she does. That is all the update I have for right now. I also think if the lung rope goes well. We will work on some de-spooking training.

No comments:

Post a Comment