Wednesday, November 25, 2009

2010 Show season Cost(s)

I spent about an hour last night calculating out how much the 2010 show season is going to cost me. Excluding CSHA State and GNG (Gold N Grand) it totals out to about $2,335.05 for the whole year (doing 18 shows). I know GNG is going to bump that up at least another 3 or 4 hundred bucks and state will add another $200.00 so I might hit the $3,000 point by the time ALL the shows have been added up. I'll make a list of the shows and the dates once I get a little more information on that. I am also hoping/planning on getting a nice western show saddle off of eBay to have around for when I do find those Eng/West show series.

On a side note: My neighbor and best friend's little paint filly is turning four next April. Being that he has little horse knowledge and I have been talking about wanting a new horse to work with he said I could work with her. Her name is Cheerokee after her mom who is Apache. She's a CAUTE little thing and my hope is that if I work with her the rest of this month and all of Decemeber I can pop her into a halter and showmanship class at the NCAA series in January since they have a Novice Horse catagory, maybe a ridden class or two if she's doing well but I'm not going to rush things since there are a ton of shows to pick from next year.

Last note: Check out my profile for a link to the HorseForum! It's a great site with a lot of fun horsey people to talk to and TONS of topics to talk horse about!

No comments:

Post a Comment