Friday, May 15, 2009

Showmanship Pivot practice

So lately our weakest point in showmanship is our pivots and D has a habit of backing at an angle but that will be a lot easier for me to fix than this pivoting issue. I now know that I am pulling and pushing D off of his pivoting foot while we are pivoting. I had someone just watch his pivot leg while I concentrated on making a nice circle around him and he stuck his pivot perfectly. So I just need to trust him and just walk into my pivots. Now my problem is that he 'bows' when we are pivoting appose to keeping his body nice and straight. I am going to work on walking more to his shoulder tonight in hops that this will help him move his whole body away from me appose to just his neck then his shoulder. Ok I know not a very exciting up date but there is a show this weekend and I will be taking videos and pictures :D.

No comments:

Post a Comment