Wednesday, May 20, 2009

Horse Show Results From Sunday

So Sunday was the second show of the CSHA Region 18 buckle series. It was a ton of fun but REALLY hot, it was 102 and with my Hunt jacket on it felt more like 150 lol. Ok so here is how we placed: (there was a small number of people at the show b/c there was a big QH show going on the same weekend).
Halter Geldings: 2nd out of 6
Showmanship Open: 1st out of 2
Showmanship Ammy: 1st out of 2
English pleasure w/t Open: 3rd out of 5
English Pleasure Open: 2nd out of 4
English EQ Open: 1st out of 4
English EQ Ammy: 1st out of 3
Eng/West Country Pleasure Open: 1st out of 3
Hunter Hack Open: 2nd out of 2
Hunter Hack Ammy: 1st out of 2

Then Bailie:

English Pleasure w/t 10&Under: 1st out of 1
English EQ w/t 10&Under: 1st out of 1
Eng/west w/t 10&under: 1st out of 1

(yeah, so it was a bummer that she had no one to ride against but it was good practice for her because they combined the 14-17 and ammy w/t classes so she got to ride with other people.)

So at the end of the day we were waiting for them to annouce the Daily high points and Bailie won the 10&Under high point. I won the Open and Amature high point, I was no expecting the Amature high point I just love showmanship, hunter hack, and Eq classes. THEN it happened, there is always that one girl (well... I should say rider) that will try to ruien your day or will have something horrible to say about you and/or your horse. So this is what happened to me:
*girl approaches announcers booth and says:
Girl:"I think you have it wrong, I should have won Open high point. I won all my undersaddle classes."
Announcer:"You won them all accept Eq yes, but Dartanion also entered in showmanship and halter which you did not. So she got some extra points there."
Girl:"That's not fare. My horse doesn't know showmanship, that should not count."
Annoucer:" Hun, even if they hadn't entered Showmanship and halter they would have beat you by 3 points."

Girl storms off*

The high point prize was an engraved wooden brush so it's not like we were riding for anything that you couldn't buy at a local tack store. I get bummed when I don't win high point BUT I also know that I have some things I can go home and work on to become better. I hope Bailie will always have good sportsmanship. If she EVER says anything snooty or snobbish to someone while showing under me (my horse or not) she is getting off right then and there and she will be done for the day. I will also probably 'stop' her from showing at the next show until she can prove to me she can show good sportsmanship. Other than that here are some pics from the day!


This is Bailie in her EQ class.







Dartanion & I Hunter Hack






. Bailie after she finished all her classes.
Dartanion & I In our EQ class.

No comments:

Post a Comment