Monday, May 11, 2009

Horse Show Results from Yesterday

I personally think the show yesterday went fantastically! There was a $45.00 all day fee so I entered Halter for the hell of it (trust me D is not a halter horse LOL) then I did all of my normal classes. I'll just post the results and get that over with.

Halter Geldings 6&Over 2nd out of 4
Halter Color 2nd out of 6
Halter Open 3rd out of 6
Showmanship 18&Over 3rd out of 5
Showmanship Open 2nd out of 5
English pleasure w/t 18&Over 3rd out of 5
English pleasure 18&Over 3rd out of 5
English Pleasure Open 3rd out of 5
English EQ w/t 18&Over 1st out of 4
English EQ 18&Over 1st out of 4
English EQ Open 1st out of 4
Hunter Hack 2' 1st out of 2
Hunters 2' 1st out of 3
Hunters 2'3" 1st out of 3

SO over all a VERY good day! I learnt that in showmanship I really need to work on getting his pivot faster. I need to work on not dropping my eye while in showmanship over all. I need to work on getting him to back straight AND he get's really sluggest in the ring while backing and will not move off of me very well. So showmanship needs a lot of work but the judge did not have any comments about my EQ or fences and as far as flat goes D is about a 6ish mover and when I really move him out then I can get 8 movements but he dropps back to a 6 when we canter so unfortunatly nothing I can do to fix that but I love him anyways :D. We won English 18&Over high point and English Open high point and English Overall daily high point *woot* good job D! I will get pics asap I just need the photo dude to post the picutres. Oh and the 2'3" class was not very far because those jumps were NO WAY IN he double hocky sticks 2'3" they were more 2'6" but since D & I school 3' at home they were not a problem for him but it sucked for the other riders because you could see them drop their eye and go "OMG! huge!" in their heads and I thought to say something but figured it would probably be better not to. I mean they had a course that went from a large jump to a smaller jump and then they had ground poles on both sides on some fences so not a very Jumping savvy show managment.

How my Niece did:

English Pleasure w/t 13&Under 3rd out of 4
English EQ w/t 13&Under 2nd out of 4

No comments:

Post a Comment