Monday, August 3, 2009

Horsemastership Qualification Test(s) for state.

One word.... Horrible.... I am shocked we even qualified to be honest. It was so strange that D has been acting so funny! He was a real jumper over his hunter course and I had some really bad Eq moments getting ahead of him and left behind once. Then this is how our flat pattern went:
We started by walking three steps and picking up a left lead canter.... nope walked three steps then when I asked him to canter he evaded the bit by over flexing and trotting off like a mad man. I couldn't break his gait so I gave him a kick and he moved up into a canter. Next we needed to do a surpinetine doing simple changes and he forgot what a straight line was we got our changes in an ok fashion. Then we had to halt and side pass four steps, HOWEVER we halted and then D started to back up like mad and lifted his head like I was pulling on his mouth? I walked him back up to where we were meant to be and halted. We stood there MUCH longer than we should have but I wanted him to calm down and relax. Then he did a very nice 4 step side pass. He did a decent 90 degree turn on the forehand but wasn't perfect. Then we did our sitting trot, that was a little fast but once again not too bad for our start. He picked up a nice left lead canter again BUT did a much larger than 20m circle and our transistion down to a working trot was late but our halt and back were nice. Our 90 degree turn on the haunches sucked and our side pass was non-exsistant >.< when I dropped my stirrups and did the posting trot and walk that went nicely but overall our worst pattern ever.

*sigh* so while this was two of our worst rides ever it probably wont be the last. Our grooming test and written test are what saved us since we did so well there. I am planning on doing nothing but trail rides this week to see if maybe he is show sour. Our next shows are on the 7th and 9th and I hope that I can figure out what's made D such a pill lately.

No comments:

Post a Comment