Wednesday, December 29, 2010

Long Time - 2010 Show season

In May Dartanion & I ended up competing at the Glenn County fair & the last CSHA region 2 show. However, while heading to the region 2 show we got a flat tire that caused us to lose the English buckle since we missed all the english classes. A real bummer BUT we still got Champion & reserve champion titles so all in all not a loss at all! Also ended up getting 3rd place in all four classes at the Glenn County fair so no champion or reserve there but 3rd isn't all that bad!






CSHA Region 2 Buckle Series Titles: (Awards were buckle like photo frames)


- Showmanship: Reserve Champion
- English 18&Over: Champion
- English Open: Reserve Champion
- Trail: Champion
- English Overall: Reserve Champion


Then in June was the Shasta District Fair which didn't go to well at all. Dartanion had a re-peat of his crow hopping, switching leads, and doing little bucks around the course which really cost us a lot/all of our classes lol. However, there were 20 enteries in our flat Equitation class and we were called back in the top 8. Unfortunatly we did not place since the judge asked for a counter canter and yep bad Fae I had not practiced that enough at home =(. I am very proud of us for making the call back though! got a couple of photos from this show and my position over the fences while not horrid are not anything to brag about either.





Then Dartanion & I got to participate in our first ever breed show! I got both my showmanship patterns on tape and yes there are so many things we needed/are improving on. The only class we did well in was Equitation, since it was double judged we got two places in each class over the three days =)
NCPHA showmanship OPEN ALL AGES: 6th out of 7 and 7th out of 7
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cTMzpBnQrIc
SPHC Showmanship OPEN All AGES: 5th out of 7 and 6th out of 7
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cTMzpBnQrIc
SPHC HUS OPEN: 6th out of 7 and 5th out of 7
NCPHA HUS OPEN: 6th out of 6 and 6th out of 8
SPHC Equitation Open: 1st out of 2 and 2nd out of 2
I was able to learn A LOT and while I am bummed we did not do all that well it was an excellent learning experience for us.




I did not show again for the rest of the 2010 year and I am VERY sad to say I did not attend the CSHA SOC (Show of Champions) due to low funds. I am hoping this will not be the case for the 2011 show season although with not getting any hours at work things are not looking to good. Our first secdualed show will be the NCAA buckle Series on January 16th 2011.

No comments:

Post a Comment