Friday, March 26, 2010

D did a great job at this show. I wore my blue showmanship outfit which I really think I would like better with blue plants, hat, and boots. So we will see if I wear this outfit again before then.

Halter 6 &Over Geldings, Stallions - 2nd out of 3
Halter Colors All sexes - 1st out of 3
Halter Open - 3rd out of 8
Showmanship 18&over - 1st out of 3 (didn't totally ruien our pattern like last time lol)
Showmanship Open - 1st out of 5
English Pleasure W/T 18&Over - 1st out of 6
English Pleasure 18&Over - 1st out of 5
English Pleasue Open - 1st out of 4
English Equitation W/T 18&over - 2nd out of 5
English Equitation 18&over - 1st out of 3
English Equitation Open - 1st out of 3
Hunter Hack - 1st out of 4
Hunters Cross Rail - 2nd out of 7 (got two wrong leads but got the flying changes hehe)
Hunters 2'3" - 2nd out of 6 (one wrong lead and a tick >.<)
Trail W/E 18&Over - 4th out of 4 (We had to canter between some tight cones and yeah our flying changes in tight spaces need work lol)
Trail W/E Open - 5th out of 5

Then I recently met a really nice little 13 year old girl and her step mom out on a trail ride and they were interested in showing. She showed her arab cross in Halter and English Pleasure W/T then some western pleasure classes. She did not place in Halter but got I think a 4th in pleasure and a 6th and 5th in trail and WP. I let her show D in 17&under showmanship and she got 2nd out of 4 (not shabby). Then she rode D in 17&under W/T EQ and got 5th out of 7ish? She has only been riding English for a week and has work to do but I'm glad she had such a fun time (Just a BTW I am not training her bu merely giving her lessons friend to friend and we split gas t shows Woot).

Something I feel I need to touch on... I was recently cyber bashed and accused of being unsportsmen like for cross entering intoW/T classes and w/t/c classes with my seasoned show horse. I just want to say that I knew every person in my W/T classes and they were riding equally seasoned show horses and, IN FACT, the gal who beat me in my EQ w/t won the California State Championship title in 2009. I was NOT competeing against Novice riders and the show managment had no restrictons on cross entering. So overall I am saying is that IF the classes had, had specific rules via riding level or cross entering that I did not qualify for then of course I would not enter the class. I've come to learn it really depends on where you live if people are ok with seasoned riders competeing in W/T classes, I just want to make sure I clerify that in ANY show I attend I will never enter any class that I do no qualify for.

No comments:

Post a Comment