Thursday, October 15, 2009

Tehama Fair - Red Bluff Fair Grounds

So, I was planning on using the Tehama Fair to kind of get an idea of what I might place as when I went to state (At least for showmanship). I heard that there were 17 people in our pleasure class so I knew we were not going to place there, my baby just doesn't have the long sweepy movement judges love. There were also 17 people in our eq class so I was thinking I at least had a shot in placing there. Here are the results:
Showmanship Open 4th out of 10
English Pleasure Open: Didn't place :(
English Eq Open: Didn't place :'(

Now I know exactly what went wrong in my eq class. D was already being a speed demon that day *pulls out hair* I'm thinking of lunging him now before we ride because he's been rather speedy at a lot of shows recently. Anyways he decided it would a good idea to halt (while we were cantering) right in front of the judge. Proceded to rear and then buck a couple of times. I'm excited I staied on but after the class the judge approached me and said "I had you around 2nd if that incedent hadn't have happened" so I was pretty much ready to flip my lid lol. I got over it though because you can't win em all and stuff happens. I was very excited and proud of Showmanship though! The pattern was pretty easy. Trot from cone A to cone B then Walk from cone B to the judge. Set-up for inspection, do a 270 pivot and walk away.

No comments:

Post a Comment